MISSION AND VISION OF MISSION OF HOPE MINISTRIES
1] Our core message is to preach the message of HOPE THROUGH FAITH and LOVE; however we preach or teach, it must carry these elements. ECCL.9V4
2] Our Mission is to prepare people for the coldness and the iniquities Christ predicted will hit the believers which will make them to want to give up on Hope or compromise their faith in Christ. MATTHEW 24: 4-14.
3] Our methodology in spreading this message of HOPE is through Teaching, Preaching, Outreaching, Conferences, Seminar, Media and Training. We train trainers and release them to train others worldwide. As many as would believe and are ready to work with the vision will be licensed to preach the message of HOPE wherever they may be. ROMANS: 10V14-15.
3] Our vision is to establish SATELITE FELLOWSHIPS in every nook and cranny of the places that the Lord will take us to. The aim is to preach, teach and spread this message of HOPE among their neighbourhood.
4] Our dream is to establish HOPE PRAYER CITY. The prayer city will be A PRAYER RESOLT on acreage of land with mountains. This is to create a serene and godly environment for people Worldwide to have a private time with their Maker. The resort will contain decent accommodation in grades, restaurants, games centre and auditorium for services wish will open everyday for people. Also, there will be counselling centres to help people.
5] We believe in media, and our aim is to use all media means to propagate this message of HOPE in Jesus Christ. The VOICE OF HOPE which is the media department of the ministries will publish a free monthly bulleting to further the course of this message of HOPE. We would also work with radio and Television.
6] Our ultimate vision in media is to have our Christian Radio and Television station.
7] We have great modules for business and accommodation for our members
MISSION OF HOPE WORKERS MANUAL
DESCRIPTION OF A WORKER
A worker in Mission of Hope Ministries is anyone who has giving he or her life to Christ, Baptist by immersion, fill the membership form and must have being in the church for three months or more and had gone through workers training system of the Church and totally believe in the Mission and Vision of the Church and her doctrines.
They can be categorized into two; PAID WORKERS AND NON PAID WORKERS.
A Paid Worker is a worker who the Church has hired to do specific professional work for the Church on a full time basis. Must believe in the doctrine of the church and committed to the realization of the vision. This ranges from the Ministers, Secretary, Administrative Staffs, Accountant, Professional Musicians and Instrumentalist etc.
A Non- Paid Worker is a worker who has decided to work for God and the Church with their talent and gift. This worker is usually on a part time basis but very committed and dedicated to the Church, in agreement with the doctrine of the Church and work tirelessly to ensure the realization of the vision of the Church. This ranges from Ministers, Head of Departments, Ushering, Choirs, Prayer, Elders, etc.
Every worker must know that he or she is first of all working for God as the Owner and Christ the Head of the Church. Secondly they are working for Mission of Hope Ministries under the leadership of the Head Pastor and Visioneer. The workers are constantly praying for by the Head Pastor of the Church and the Visioneer.
EVERY WORKER MUST ENGAGE IN THE FOLLOWINGS:
Every worker MUST make it a daily duty to intensively pray for the church and her activities. Find Below Areas To Pray For Regularly:
- The growth and progress of the church: spiritually, numerically, financially, godliness etc.
- The Head Pastors and the family, Ministers And Assistant, Head of Departments And Assistant, Elders etc. and all their families.
- All the members of the Mission of Hope as a whole, both old and new.
- The restoration of all backsliders into the fold.
- The rapid expansion of the Mission Of Hope as a whole and particularly the Local Church workers
- All pregnant women for safe and easy delivery.
- All barren women for quick answers to their prayers.
- All children in the Mission of Hope for divine protection, wisdom from above, good health and spiritual development.
- The workers themselves for steady spiritual progress and all-round prosperity.
- All the sick, jobless and needy for recovery of health, job and Prosperity.
For every worker in the Church, their financial commitment to God and the Church is very important and their level of sacrifices in the following areas:
- Financial contributions to all the projects of the local church and the Mission of Hope Ministries as a whole
- Generosity towards the Pastors and their families.
- Assisting the needy in the church in all possible ways.
- Contributing actively to the church projects and its surroundings to maintain an atmosphere pleasant to worship.
- Contributing actively towards events and ceremonies among members that belong to groups
- Contributing materials things to the realization of Church dreams and visions.
- PAYING TITHES REGULARLY IS A MUST FOR ALL WORKERS
SPREADING THE GOSPEL
The greatest work anyone can do for God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit is to spread the gospel which we are commanded to do in great commission in [Matthew 28:18-20] “Go ye, therefore and teach all nations….”
- Every worker is expected to be an active soul-winner and an ardent
witness for Christ.
- Every worker is expected to be an Ambassador of Hope in spreading out the message of Hope and giving Hope to the Hopeless
- Every worker must be involved in the propagation of the Gospel
by means of word of mouth, tracts distribution, crusades, seminars, conferences, youth services, village evangelism, prison, hospital and market evangelism, etc.
- Every worker is also expected to be very active in follow-up Programs and visitation
QUALIFICATIONS OF A WORKER
The one who would qualify as a worker must satisfy the following Conditions. He/she must be:-
- Born again – John 3:3; 5.
- Sanctified – John 17:17, 1 Thess. 5:23.
- Filled with the Holy Spirit – Acts 1:8; 6:3.
- Baptized by immersion in water, – Matt. 28:19, Acts 16:15-16.
- A tithe-payer – Malachi 3:10.
- A cheerful giver – II Cor. 9:7.
- A proven soul-winner, – Mark – 16:15-16.
- Humble -Isa. 57:15; Luke 22:26.
- A prayer warrior – I Thess. 5:17.
- Well-behaved – I Cor. 13:5.
- Given to fasting – Luke 4:2; Matt. 17:21, Acts 13:2-3.
- Trustworthy – Jer. 35: 1-8.
- Blameless and without blemish in the congregation – Phil. 2: 14-16.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR WORKERS
The Lord Jesus calls us the light of the world, Matt. 5:14-16, the salt of the earth – Matt. 5: 13 – and the ambassadors of Christ – John 20:21. These imply that we are very important to God and our responsibilities are heavy.
In order to effectively and correctly discharge our responsibilities to God and His Church, without failing God or disappointing the Pastor who recommended us, every worker should observe the following code of conduct.
He/she must be:
- Totally submissive to constituted authorities of the Mission – I Pet. 5:5; 1 Cor. 16:16; Hebrews 13:17, e.g.
- When travelling he/she should inform the Pastor – 2 Kings 6:2.
- Should be ready to attend all meetings and go wherever he/she is sent – Joshua 1:16.
- Be absolutely obedient to Pastor and Ministers and H.O.D when they give orders that do not contradict the Bible – I Pet: 5:5.
- Be an example to the congregation in submitting to the doctrine of the Church -Titus 2:7; I Tim. 4:12; I Tim. 4:6; Titus 1:9.
- Be an example to the congregation in spending and being spent for God – 2 Cor. 12:15; Gal. 2:20.
- Hygienic in all dispositions – Isaiah 52:11.
- Well dressed in accordance with the Scriptures. Where there is any doubt, must be willing to give the benefits of doubt to the Lord -I Pet. 3:1-4, I Tim.2:9, Isa.3:16-26.
- Someone who will be a worthy Ambassador of both Christ and His Church such that if he/she be transferred from his/her working place to a town/village where there is no branch of this church, he/she will promptly start one – Acts 8:4; Acts 11: 19.
- Must be happy to attend all-night vigils and/or organize such in his/her home – Luke 6:12; Acts 16:25.
- Punctual at all Local, Area, Zonal, Provincial or national meetings – Heb.10:25.
- Walking, worshipping and growing in the spirit constantly – Gal. 5: 16; John 4:23-24, Psa. 117: 12; Col. 3: 16.
- Someone who enjoys a life of holiness and sanctification, living right in the open and in secret and dwelling in love – 2 Pet. 3:18; 2 Tim. 3:14-17; Eph. 5:2527, Matt. 5:13-16, Heb. 12:14, I Tim. 3:2.
- Ready always to do good works – Titus 2:14, Gal. 6:10.
- Ever ready to protect the good name of the church, I Tim. 3:7; Titus 1:10-13.
ATTITUDES FOR MINISTERS, ELDERS, HEAD OF DEPARTMENTS AND ASSISTANTS
- Must have integrity
- Compassionate (Sacrifice, die to self, live to serve)
- Be a pillar – dirt absolver, shock absolver of the Church.
- Longsuffering for members and leadership,
- Have a teachable spirit, pride and arrogance leads to sin
- Surrender oneself to the authority of the Church and be obedient to the Head Pastor
- A leader must be Righteous, Godly, and let his or her character represent Christ at all times within and outside the Church.
- A leader of God represents A Spiritual Father or Mother, Sister or Brother and Friend to all the Members of the Church and He or She must behave as such.
- A leader of God owes it to all Members to love them no matter who they are and to be there for them as a help in time of trouble.
- A leader of God can rebuke or discipline a Member with love but must treat the older ones like fathers in correcting them. There must be a balanced and clear distinction in correction between the younger ones and the older ones.
- A leader of God must not fight, quarrel or get involved in a heated argument with any Member. In case of an issue that might warrant any of the above things, the Minister must report the Member to either the Administrator/ Chief of Staff or Head Pastor.
- A leader must not be involved in any form of Tribalism.
- A leader must be Friendly, Approachable, Pleasant, Welcoming, Sociable, Available, Compassionate, Receiving, Hospitable, Responsive, Accessible, Lovely, Kind and Merciful.
- A leader must be godly no matter the circumstances
- Must Never retaliate
- Have self-control and exhibit good manners
- Not put pressure on members for gifts or money
- Not discriminate according to people’s status.
- Treat all people in Church with respect and honour with no variance.
- Must give hope to the people at all time through words and attitudes
- Do frequent follow up
- Avoid segregation and tribalism
- Share and give to your members (time, goods, units, love, memories etc.
- Be a good and responsible communicator. Know what you are saying and it’s subsequent effects
- Eager to acquire knowledge. (2 Timothy. 2:15) Every worker needs approval from God. Man’s approval cannot supersede God’s approval; and God’s approval is only gotten through studying of his word. Wisdom is the principal thing, and it is gotten through studying. Knowledge increases the anointing
GOVERNANCE AND ETHICS FOR LEADERS AND WORKERS
- Any worker who does not attend training cannot hold their offices.
- There must be a surrendering of one’s heart, will and intellect to the Vision.
- One cannot call a Church their Church or ministry unless there is a belief and acceptance of the rules, authority and regulations of the ministry.
- A worker must be humble and be able to learn.
- A worker must work hard in a right way according to the rules and regulations of the Church.
- A worker must be follower of Mission of Hope as it follows the example of Christ in order to lead.
- A worker must be a regular tithe payer
- A worker must attend all Church meetings
- A worker must be part of every activity and instruction given by the Head Pastor.
- A worker must be an active participator in Church services
- A worker must not be caught dabbling in gossiping and slandering
- Sunday is a full working day for all workers
- Every worker must be at least 30 minutes early to every service
DISCIPLINE AMONG WORKERS
- Where there is love, there must be discipline – Hebrews 12:6, Rev. 3:
- Consequently, in this Mission, if any worker sins or does anything that his/her Leader considers contrary to the progress or good image of this church, one will receive instant and adequate punishment.
Such a punishment which will be proportional to the offence ranges from an open rebuke among fellow-workers, suspension from workers meetings for a period of time to total dismissal from workers unit.
- During period of discipline or suspension from workers’ meeting, the worker under discipline must attend all the church services regularly and sit wherever the Leader shall appoint – Hebrews 12:5-8; Prov. 3: 11-12.
If a worker is not satisfied with the discipline imposed on him/her, he/she has the right to appeal, first to the Minister and ultimately to the Head Pastor if not satisfied by the Minister’s ruling.
- If a worker shows genuine repentance, he/she may be pardoned before the period specified for the suspension.
- If a worker shows no genuine repentance, his/her period of suspension
must be automatically extended. If after an extension of the suspension period there is still no repentance, such a worker may be recommended to the Head Pastor, through the Minister, for dismissal from the workers’ unit.
PROMOTION AMONG WORKERS
- New Comers to Registered Members
- Registered Members to Trainee Workers
- From Trainee Workers to Full Fledged Workers
- From Full Workers to Assistance Dpt. Head or Departmental Heads
- From Departmental Heads to Elder or Assistant Minister or Ministers
- From Ministers to Branch Pastors
It is required that a worker that will be presented for ordination and/or Promotion must possess an exceptional character, spiritual endowments and evangelical abilities, display maximum loyalty and in-depth understanding of the Vision and Mission of the Church and the message of Hope given to the visioneer.
SUNDAY ACTIVITIES FOR WORKERS
- The workers are the people who are the first to come to the church on Sunday morning. For example, they would have been there an hour before others come.
- As far as workers are concerned, the whole Sunday belongs to Jesus Christ.
- Workers are to follow up on new and old members either in person or through phone calls and messages on services days and special programs before coming to church, go on house to house witnessing to new people or follow-up in order to invite people to the church.
- They are to stay back after church and sort everything out and make sure things are in other and, pray, attend to people and follow up on new members after the church to show your appreciations to them for coming to church.
NOTE: EVERY POSITION OCCUPY BY ANY WORKER IS NOT PERMANENT, WORKERS SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT THERE WILL BE RESHUFLEMENT FROM TIME TO TIME. OCCUPYING A POSITION IS NOT THE PRIMARY CALL OF YOUR SERVICE TO GOD. EVERY WORKER MUST BE ABLE TO SERVE GOD WITH THEIR BEST WITH OR WITHOUT ANY POSITION.